Hiring for January 30th 2017 Opening
Position Title: Teacher Aide
The Teacher Aide provides assistance to the Teacher in the classroom, setting up and taking down activities as directed, and supervises, assists, and interacts with the children throughout the day. The Teacher Aide works under the supervision of the Teacher or the Director. This is a non-exempt, hourly, part-time position requiring 16-20 hours on site per week.
Minimum Qualifications/ Education/ Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma AND
- Six Units Early Childhood Education or a Child Development Credential (CD) AND
- Must be enrolled in at least 2 semester units at a college or university until fully qualified
- – OR High School Diploma AND 12 Units in Early Childhood Education
- Must be First Aid and CPR Certified
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be familiar with the California Learning Foundation Guidelines
- Responsible for the supervision of the children at all times.
- Responsible for assisting the Teacher in the preparation and cleanup of materials needed for classroom activities.
- Responsible for working with children in small group activities to promote language & literacy, math & science, social/emotional, fine motor/gross motor, art, cooking projects and music, in cooperation with the Teacher or the Director. This can include reading a story, art activities, science activities, math games, singing songs, and playground activities.
- Assist the children with their lunch.
- Clean up after snacks or lunch – wipe tables, put food away, sweep floor.
- Assist the Teacher or Director with the care and cleaning of the classrooms including toys, furniture & equipment.
- Assist children in their personal hygiene tasks such as going to the toilet, washing hands, and activity cleanup.
- Perform daily cleanup tasks such as mopping the floor, vacuuming the carpet, cleaning the bathroom, sanitizing toys, cleaning animal cages etc.
- Attend a staff meeting once a month
- Communicate effectively with other staff members
- Meet with Director 4 times per year
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time, and take a 15 minute break with notification from the Teacher
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children & staff per the employee handbook
Contact Karen@LittleLightsTurlock.org to apply.